Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Nuptuals

This past weekend my brother in law became the husband of a girl (or woman or whatever) I've known since we were very small children. I was actually pretty sick all weekend long-- the kind of sick where food doesn't taste good and all you're really interested in is laying low as much as possible. That definitely was no good considering how long we've all been looking forward to this wedding. But on to the "thoughts" part of the entry...

This wedding was the third in a row for Roger and me and certainly the most anticipated event to-date this year. Weddings are such an excellent time to reflect on oneself as well as on the lives of those standing before the altar, and reflect I did. A lot of that reflection was actually put on the table for me, as the pastor who performed the ceremony was the same one who married Roger and me nearly two years ago. The past two years have flown by and Roger and I have accomplished a lot in those two years, but have also enjoyed quite a lot. I can't believe I've been a "Smug Married" (in the words of Bridget Jones) for so long! I was reminded this past Saturday that the one you choose as your lifemate should be your first and only real love, should be your first and only intimate lover, and should be your forever best friend. Roger has been all of those things to me, and I cannot actually put into proper words the gratitude I have for that. I was reminded continuously through the ceremony of the a wonderfulness of the man of God I have married.

more to come...

No comments: