Wednesday, April 04, 2007

timing

Let your eyes look straight ahead,
fix your gaze directly before you.
Make level paths for your feet
and take only ways that are firm.
Do not swerve to the right or the left;
keep your foot from evil. (Proverbs 4:25-27)


I had this verse on my mind last night as I was drifting off to sleep-- I have a lot on my mind when I am drifting off to sleep and fortunately all that occupied my mind last night was this and a couple other verses. Interestingly enough, I woke up this morning (spring break-- hooray) and went to the "A Slice of Infinity" page which I read via RSS feed on Bloglines.com. I really appreciate this particular verse because as was described in the editoral on "A Slice of Infinity," our tendency is to veer a little toward some extreme or another. Either we are too liberal or too legalistic. A balanced approach to Christianity is a difficult thing to achieve, much less maintain.

Where are my eyes now? How is my vision? Am I on the proper course?

No comments: