Sunday, May 24, 2009

love

Some dear friends of mine got married today and I think one of the neatest things about this particular ceremony is that, unlike the majority of weddings we’ve been to, Roger and I are both very good friends with the groom and bride respectively, so we were very blessed to be a  part of the celebration, as their friends and as their brother and sister in Christ.  Marriage is designed by God and functions as a way that man and woman can come together and honor the Lord as a unit.  Marriage also reflects the way Christ views the church—a spotless bride, consecrated in Covenant for devotion, love, and service.  With every wedding I go to with Roger, I am reminded of how thankful I am for him and for the man of God that he is and for the leadership he provides in our household. Neither of us is anything without Christ, and to him we owe our lives, our service and our love.

How deep the fathers love for us
How vast beyond all measure
That He should give his only son
To make a wretch His treasure

How great the pain of searing loss
The Father turns His face away
As wounds which mar the Chosen One
Bring many sons to glory

Behold the Man upon the cross
My sin upon His shoulder
Ashamed I hear my mocking voice
Call out among the scoffers

It was my sin that held Him there
Until it was accomplished
His dying breath has brought me life
I know that it is finished

I will not boast in anything
No gifts no power no wisdom
But I will boast in Jesus Christ
His death and resurrection

Why should I gain from His reward
I cannot give an answer
But this I know with all my heart
His wounds have paid my ransom

©  1995 Kingsway's Thankyou Music

No comments: